Board Chair of Osei Kyeretwie Senior High School (OKESS) in the Ashanti Region, Ernest Owusu Ansah, has appealed to parents who withdrew their wards following a fatal incident at the school to return the students.
Many anxious parents stormed the school on Thursday to take their children home following the stabbing to death of a student by a a gang of armed robbers.
Mr Owusu-Ansah is assuring parents that security has been beefed up to safeguard the lives of their wards.
“The Commander of the 4BN [special operations] sent some soldiers from Operation Calm Life to the school to make sure that life and property in the school are protected.
“We have been assured that they will be there throughout the week until they make sure that there is calm and there is peace so that students will be well protected and go about their academic work,” Mr Owusu Ansah said.
Two persons have so far been arrested by the Kumasi police in connection with the gruesome murder of a final year student of the school Wednesday night.
The suspects, whose identities are yet to be established, are suspected to be part of the gang of armed men who attacked the school and reportedly stabbed 19-year-old Godfred Arthur, twice in the neck while he attempted to run away from the attackers.
The assailants were said to have invaded the school at about 10:00 pm last night and attacked the students.
Reports say that most final year students packed out after writing their final West Africa Secondary School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) paper Thursday morning.