Local News

Gas expolsion kills one at Jacobu

A 61year old bachelor, Mr. Addai Amankwaah lost his life when his gas cylinder exploded on his corridor whiles cooking supper at Jacobu in the Amansie central district of the ashanti region.

The deceased, an uncle to the Queenmother of the area lived in her residence where the incident occured.

According to the assembly member of the area, Adu aboahen who spoke to otec fm, the deceased whiles cooking supper had finished pounding his fufu and decided to heat his soup on his gas stove when the leaking cylinder caught the fire of the lit match and exploded.

The deceased Addai Amankwah died instantly.

He explains that the deceased had his gas cylinder leaking for some time but he neither repaired nor replaced it and all efforts by his family and co-tenants to make him do so fell on deaf ears.
His body has since been deposited at the morgue at Jacobu.




Source: otecfmghana

Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button