Local News

Girl, 14, hospitalized for chemical burns after her laptop explodes

A 14year old girl got a shocker yesterday, when her LG laptop exploded on her lap whiles sitting on her bed at Adoato, a suburb of Kumasi.

The the laptop blew into pieces sending battery acid flying over her room and causing severe burns to her thighs, closer to her private part.

The mother of the victim whose name withheld told otec news that the battery of the LG laptop had just been replaced and left to charge on their bed when the 14year old realized it was overheating.

She therefore decided to unplug the charger and use the laptop, when it unexpectedly exploded into bits and pieces causing first- and second-degree burns to her thighs.

She was quickly rushed to the accident and emergency center of the Komfo Anokye teaching hospital for treatment.

She is now being treated for first- and second-degree burns and is responding well to treatment.




Source: Odeneho Nana Appiah (otec fm)

Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button