NaBCo beneficiaries to hit street over lack of 4 months payment

57

Some Ghanaians employed under the Nation Builders Corps (NABCo) have disclosed of their readiness to hit the streets of Accra if officials fail to do the needful by paying them their four months’ salary.

Spokesperson for the Disgruntled NaBCo recruits, Ellen Acheampong speaking in an interview on AccraFM on Tuesday, 12 February 2019 said, they have worked in various fields for the past four months without any stipend.

She explained that efforts to get the government to pay their arrears have proved futile, hence the planned demonstration.

Ms Acheampong noted that most of the affected recruits were previously engaged under the Youth In Afforestation programme and were receiving their allowances promptly from the Forestry Commission.

According to her, their resignation from the afforestation programme which later joined NaBCo, have been worse off.

“The only language the government will understand now is a demonstration. And, so, we are demonstrating tomorrow to send a message to the government in respect of our issues,” she said.

She added: “For the past four months, we have not been paid salary. How do they expect us to live our lives? We were paid on time when we were with the Youth In Afforestation under the supervision of the Forestry Commission but the story is not the same since we joined NaBCo.”

Akufo-Addo commissions NABCO recruits

President Nana Akufo-Addo in October 2018 commissioned the passing out ceremony for 100,000 beneficiaries under NABCO modules which include Feed Ghana, Educate Ghana, Revenue Ghana, Heal Ghana, Enterprise Ghana, Digitise Ghana and Governance Ghana.

The National Coordinator of NABCo, Ibrahim Anyass, assured that the programme was not a duplication of other youth employment schemes like the Youth Employment Agency (YEA).

Source: Ghana/otecfmghana.com

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here