A group calling itself Democratic Forum has called on the CID boss to keep mute about issues regarding the three kidnapped Takoradi girls, be humble enough to apologize to the families of the girls and honorably resign.
This follows the recent confusion surrounding a statement made by the CID boss concerning the location of the girls.
The CID boss initially maintained in a press conference that her outfit knew the whereabouts of the missing girls.
Maame Tiwaa Addo Danquah however, made a sharp U-turn when she explained later that she authored her earlier comments just to give the families of the missing girl’s hope.
According to her, the girls have not been found and that the police was working assiduously to locate them.
The Democratic Forum in a statement signed by its Executive Secretary,Mr.Amoakohene Frank and copied to Ghanaweb’s Ananpansah B Abraham described the conduct of the CID boss as unprofessional and insensitive.
The group is of the opinion that,the confusion created by the CID boss calls for her resignation and apology to the families of the girls and the entire country.
Read the full statement below:
_To all stakeholders, Media and the General Public._
STATEMENT BY THE DEMOCRATIC FORUM ON THE MISSING TARKORADI LADIES.
Leadership of the Democratic Forum has monitored with worry, the turn out of events concerning the Tarkoradi Girls who went missing late last year.
The outfit is specifically worried in relation to the following;
1. The sudden partisan twist to the matter and the attempt to discuss such a sensitive matter in the context of NPP/NDC
2. The confusion created by the CID boss who claims to know the whereabouts of the girls in one instance and denies her own claims in another instance.
It is the considered opinion of the Democratic Forum that;
1. The CID Boss, Madam Tiwaa Addo Danquah must RENDER AN UNQUALIFIED APOLOGY to the affected families and the country at large for the confusion she has created regarding the whereabouts of the girls.
2. The CID under Madam Tiwaa, has been incompetent and proven to be clueless, on this matter. Her leadership has clearly run out of ideas and must as a matter of principle RESIGN on the above count and importantly, for deceiving and confusing the country in her recent claims and disclaimers.
3. The President must break his silence on the matter and act accordingly. We call on His Excellency Nana Akufo Addo to at this moment of rising tension to (in the refusal of the CID boss to resign within 48 hours) FIRE THE CID BOSS, address the nation and assure citizens of Ghana of our safety and the commitment of his government in safeguarding same.
We wish to finally sympathize with the families of the affected and assure them of our continual support towards the rescue of missing sisters.
0209013586 / 0207262608