WAEC releases 2025 WASSCE provisional results; subject results of 6,295 candidates cancelled

The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has released provisional results for the 2025 West African Senior High School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for school candidates.
The subject results of 6,295 candidates have been cancelled for sending foreign materials like prepared notes, textbooks, and printed materials into the examination halls.
In addition to that, the entire results of 653 candidates have also been cancelled for possession of mobile phones in the examination halls.
In a press statement announcing the release of the results on Saturday night (Nov 29, 2025), WAEC also indicated that the subject results of 908 and the entire results of 158 candidates have been withheld for various suspected offences.
“Yet still, some subject results of candidates from 185 schools have been withheld for alleged collusion. These cases are still under investigation,” the WAEC signed by John . K. Kapi, Head of Public Affairs indicated.
“We are working around the clock to ensure that the withheld results of these candidates are published before the end of December 2025 depending on the outcome of investigations,” the statement added.
It explained that in addition, a total of 35 persons, 19 of whom are teachers were found to have engaged in acts that compromised the integrity of the examination.
“So far 19 of them have been arraigned before court and have been convicted to fines or terms of imprisonment. The remaining 16 are yet to presented before the courts by the police,”it said.
Beyond what the courts may decide, the list of teachers will be presented to the Director General of the Ghana Education Service for further disciplinary action, WAEC said.
Attached below is a full copy of the press statement
RELEASE OF PROVISIONAL RESULTS FOR THE WEST AFRICAN SENIOR SCHOOL CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION (WASSCE) FOR SCHOOL CANDIDATES, 2025
The West African Examinations Council wishes to inform its numerous stakeholders that it has released provisional results of candidates who sat for the WASSCE for School Candidates, 2025 (Ghana Only Version).
The Council will make available login details to Heads of school to enable them to access the results of their candidates.
The results have been hosted online, and candidates who so desire may access their results a t the Council’s website www.waecgh.org.
The Council would like to caution all its stakeholders to be wary of fraudsters who promise to upgrade results for a fee.
Candidates are to note that WAEC results are secured and can be authenticated using its results verification system.
PERFORMANCE STATISTICS
A total number of 461,736 candidates, made up of 207,415 males and 254,321 females from 1,021 schools, registered for the examination.
This figure is a 0.24% increase over the 2024 entry figure of 460,611.
A total number of 5,821 candidates, representing 1.26% were absent from the examination.
The performance of candidates with respect to the four Core Subjects is shown in the tables below
EXAMINATION IRREGULARITIES
Following completion of investigations into some of the cases of irregularity reported during the conduct of the examination, the Ghana Examinations Committee, at its 40th Meeting held on Wednesday, November 17, 2025, approved as follows:
(1) Cancellation of Subject Results of 6,295 candidates for bringing foreign material like prepared notes, text books, and printed material into the examination halls;
(2) Cancellation of Entire Results of 653 candidates for possession of mobile phones in the examination halls;
(3) Withholding of Subject Results of 908 and the Entire Results of 158 candidates for various suspected offences.
Yet still, some subject results of candidates from 185 schools have been withheld for alleged collusion. These cases are still under investigation.
We are working around the clock to ensure that the withheld results of these candidates are published before the end of December 2025 depending on the outcome of investigations.
In addition, a total of 35 persons, 19 of whom are teachers were found to have engaged in acts that compromised the integrity of the examination. So far 19 of them have been arraigned before court and have been convicted to fines or terms of imprisonment.
The remaining 16 are yet t o presented before the courts by the police.
Beyond what the courts may decide, the list of teachers will be presented to the Director General of the Ghana Education Service for further disciplinary action.
CONCLUSION
The Council expresses its sincerest gratitude to stakeholders especially the Ministry of Education, Ghana Education Service, the Security Agencies, Heads of School, Supervisors, Invigilators, Examiners and all who in diverse ways supported it in the successful conduct of the examination and release of results.



